Photo by Olga Vasiljeva
One of my favorite ways to make guilt-free desserts is to use all raw living food ingredients. The Rawberry Star Bars are yet another example that nourishing foods can also be totally satisfying and delicious! These yummy bars have become a favorite in our home, as they’re so fun and easy to make.
If you don’t have a star-shaped cookie cutter, you can use any shape you like (or simply cut into squares). Incidentally, these bars are one my favorite ways to get Omega-3s into my daughter’s diet with ease–kids absolutely flip for these!
• 1½ cups raw, unsalted cashews
• 2 cups strawberries (or half strawberries and half raspberries), fresh or frozen
• ½ cup each: agave nectar and coconut butter
• ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
• 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Place the cashews in plenty of water and soak for 8-12 hours (or overnight). Drain well in a strainer and set aside.
2. Place the cashews in a food processor and blend very well. Add all of the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Occasionally, you’ll need to scrape down the inside of the food processor with a rubber spatula during this process (while it’s off, of course). Continue to blend until very smooth and creamy. This may take several minutes, so be patient. Remove and pour/scrape into a large lasagna-style pan (9.5 x 13.5-inches). Smooth out the top and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until mostly firm.
3. Remove from the freezer and cut into stars using a small star-shaped cookie cutter. If the mixture is too firm to cut, let it thaw for a few minutes first. For the excess portion, you can either shape it into a flat layer, refreeze and cut into stars again, or simply cut it into randomly shaped chunks. Either way, delish!
4. To store, freeze in an airtight container. To serve, you simply remove from the freezer and enjoy immediately (just like you would an ice cream bar).
Makes 20 Servings
Recipe from The Two-Week Wellness Solution
For more information, visit www.radianthealth-innerwealth.com.
What is your favorite cool treat?